The Lumia 530 is the successor of the popular Lumia 520, and a cheaper version of the 630.
- It is the first phone launched by Nokia under Microsoft.
- It will cost around $115 before taxes.
- Comes in both single and dual SIM variants.
- A 5MP back camera.
- 512MB of
Xiaomi, famous for its cheap yet quality smartphones, has released its latest flagship model, the Mi 4 in China.
- The new model features a 5" Full HD panel, a 2.5Ghz Snapdragon 801 processor and 3 GB of RAM, along with an option of 16 or 64 GB internal storage
Microsoft announced that it‘s cutting 18,000 jobs as a part of restructuring efforts.
- Most layoffs were from Nokia‘s division. 12,500 professional and factory positions are expected to go by the end of the year.
- Xbox and Surface divisions will see minimal change.
- It is
The Raspberry Pi foundation has released the 'final' version of its first generation of cheap computer kit for hobbyists, the B+.
- The most noticeable change is the addition of two more USB ports, with better performance.
- The SD card slot has been replaced with a push-version MicroSD slot.
- 14 more
Sonos, maker of hifi wireless audio systems, added support for direct streaming through SoundCloud, the audio platform for budding artists.
- SoundCloud joins Spotify, Google Play Music, Pandora and Songza among the streaming services now supported.
- About 12 hours of music is added on the platform every minute, which confirms it's
The company has over 30 nominations for its various online-only shows, including more than 10 each for the popular House Of Cards and Orange is The New Black series.
- Last year, Netflix won the Best Director award and 2 other awards for its political drama, House Of Cards, a first
The championship, hosted by Valve, is the largest e-sports tournament in the world, with over 10 million dollars in prize pool money.
- The event is being livestreamed at Dota2.com, starting from the playoffs. Both a standard broadcast with live commentary , and 'spoiler-free' DVR stream are available.
- For the first
Qualcomm issued DMCA notices to Github to takedown over a 100 repositories.
- They hired a third-party company, Cyveillance, that acted on their behalf to issue the notices.
- The repositories they wanted to be taken down were from independent developers, Cyanogenmod, Sony, and even Qualcomm itself.
- This indicates that repositories were
Samsung announced that it is stopping the production of Plasma display panels due to dropping demands.
- The once popular TV technology is still claimed by many to be superior than LED TVs due to superior blacks and better response times.
- The company stated that it will shift its resources to
General Electric launches a new series of smart bulbs that connect to a hub and your smartphone, named Link Bulbs.
- The bulb starts from $15 and is a LED bulb. The hub is required to link the smartphone and bulb, and is priced at at $30.
- The smartphone communicates with